APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
SUMMER SESSIONS BEGIN May 26, 2015 @ ECC Compton Center
Get started - Apply online today!
New to El Camino College Compton Center?
Click here for Steps to Enrollment.
Or use the searchable class schedule.
Information for students taking classes at ECC Compton Center while attending another college:
Apply online as soon as possible to get an earlier registration date.
If you are attending another community college or are in a Bachelors program at a four-year school and want to take classes that meet requirements at your current school:
Consult with the advisers at your current school before you start.
- Get information regarding which ECC classes will transfer.
- Identify classes that fulfill the specific requirements of your program.
ECC transfer classes can meet:
- Lower division general education requirements
- Major prerequisites toward your BA/BS
- ECC does not offer upper division courses.
Steps to Enrollment
Download a step-by-step PDF guide.
- Go online to www.compton.edu, click on "Apply Online."
- New and returning students (those with an absence of a primary term: Fall or Spring Semester; excluding Summer Intersession) must complete an application.
- A Student ID number will be issued and emailed upon completion of the online application.
- A Student ID number is required to complete the Steps to Enrollment.
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges and trade schools attended must be submitted by those schools to the Records Office (Building A). Students applying for Advanced Placement credit must submit official high school transcripts.
- For information on how to submit official transcripts, click here.
- Practice Assessment Tests are available online.
- All new students are required to participate in Orientation to become familiar with the college and its resources.
- Visit the Assessment Center or the Counseling Office for Orientation dates and times, and to sign up.
- New Student Orientations are available Monday - Thursday at 9:00 a.m. and noon, and 5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- New Student Welcome Day occurs every fall. Please check with the Counseling Division for more information. Counseling is located in Building A; 310-900-1600 ext. 2076.
- Assessment & Testing Center: Building D, Room 26; 310-900-1600 ext. 2830.
- Testing must be completed before registering for classes.
- No appointment necessary for English, ESL (Part 1) and math placement tests.
- Available by appointment only: Chemistry, ATB (Ability to Benefit), and ESL (Part 2) tests.
- A Student ID number and a photo ID are required to take the assessment tests.
- For Assessment & Testing Center hours, click here.
- To learn more about counseling and to schedule an appointment, click here.
- Counseling Office: Building A; 310-900-1600 ext. 2076.
- All new students are required to meet with a counselor prior to registration to develop an educational plan.
- Academic counseling is critical to student success.
Register for Classes
- Registration is online and by appointment only and is based on a priority system.
- Registration appointments are available online at MyECC, under WebAdvisor. Register on or after the assigned appointment date/time.
- Registration Priorities information is available online.
- Computers are available for student use in the Welcome Center, Financial Aid, Admissions & Records Office, and Library.
- For assistance, please visit the Welcome Center, D-27.
Pay All Fees
- Pay online! Just go to www.compton.edu and click on MyECC.
- Bursar's Office: Building C, Room 36; 310-900-1600, ext. 2104.
- All fees must be paid by the fee payment deadlines or students will be dropped from all classes.
- For Fee Payment Deadlines, click here.
- For Bursar's Office hours, click here.
- For more information on associate degrees and certificates offered at ECC Compton Center, view the catalog.
- For additional resources, check out the Online Tools!
Stay Connected to ECC Compton Center