Information for students taking classes at ECC Compton Center
while attending another college
Apply online as soon as possible to get an earlier registration date.
If you are attending another community college or are in a Bachelors program at a four-year school and want to take classes that meet requirements at your current school:
Consult with the advisors at your current school before you start
- Get information regarding which ECC classes will transfer
- Identify classes that fulfill the specific requirements of your program.
ECC transfer classes can meet:
- Lower division general education requirements
- Major prerequisites toward your BA/BS
ECC does not offer upper division courses.
STEP 1: Apply Online
- Go online to www.compton.edu, click on "Apply Online".
- New and returning students (those with an absence of a primary term: Fall or Spring Semester; excluding Summer Intersession) must complete an application.
- A Student ID number will be issued and emailed upon completion of the online application. A Student ID number is required to complete the Steps to Enrollment.
STEP 2: Test
If you are transferring to El Camino College from another college and have previously completed an English/ESL, Math or Reading class, with a grade of C or better, you will not be required to take the Assessment Tests. If you have not successfully completed the classes, you will need to take the Assessment Tests.
Assessment & Testing Center: Building D, Room 26; 310-900-1600 ext 2830.
- Testing must be completed before registering for classes.
- No appointment necessary for English, ESL (Part 1) and Math placement tests.
- Available by appointment only: Chemistry, ATB (Ability to Benefit), and ESL (Part 2) tests.
- A Student ID number and a photo ID are required to take the assessment tests.
- For Assessment & Testing Center hours, visit http://www.compton.edu/studentservices/supportservices/assessmentcenter/
STEP 3: Plan
- College students transferring to, or taking classes at ECC Compton Center, must schedule an appointment to clear any prerequisites before they can register for classes at Compton Center.
- Counseling appointments may be made online at compton.edu - click on MyECC.
- The Counseling Office is located in Building A and can be reached at 310-900-1600 ext. 2076 if you need more information or have questions.
STEP 4: Register
- Registration is online and by appointment only and is based on a priority system.
- Online registration appointment information for continuing students will be available beginning November 12, 2013. For new and returning students, this information will be available on or after December 4, 2013.
- Registration appointments are available online at MyECC, under WebAdvisor.
- Register online via MyECC on or after the assigned appointment date/time.
- Computers are available for student use in the Welcome Center (D- 27) and in the Administration Building.
STEP 5: Pay All Fees
STEP 6: Succeed
For more information on associate degrees and certificates offered at El Camino College Compton Center, please view the current catalog, available online: http://www.compton.edu/studentservices/admissionandrecords/ClassSchedule.aspx