The El Camino College Police Department at the Compton Center provides police and safety services to the Compton Center community. Our staff members are dedicated to working in partnership with the campus community to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for our students, faculty, staff and visitors. Your safety and well being is always our primary concern.
The Police Department is a law enforcement agency that fully subscribes to the standards of the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.
Police services include securing and un-securing of facilities, picking up found property, making student notifications, parking enforcement, and assisting the public at the front desk of the Police Department.
The Police Department works very closely with other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies so that we can maintain effective communications and coordinate our efforts to provide quality police and safety services.
The safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is always a primary concern at El Camino College Compton Center.
- In an emergency, contact campus police 24/7 by calling 911 from any pay phone on campus; or by calling 310-900-1600 x2999 from a cell phone.
- Night students and faculty are encouraged to park in the same general area as other faculty or students with night classes in their building; this provides the opportunity for a group of students and faculty to walk to their cars after dark.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity to campus police.
- Help Put a Stop to Unlawful Activity ("We Tip" PDF)
- ECC Compton Center Campus Safety (PDF)
Crime PREVENTION AND INFORMATION
Non-Emergencies: 310-900-1600, ext. 2790
Emergencies and After-Hours: 310-900-1600, ext. 2999
Front Desk Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Located at V-72