The Police Department at Compton College provides police and safety services to the Compton College community. We are dedicated to working in partnership with the campus community to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for our students, faculty, staff and visitors. Your safety and well being is always our primary concern.
The Police Department is a law enforcement agency that fully subscribes to the standards of the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.
Police department Update 6/11/19:
As part of the implementation and transfer of police services from El Camino College to Compton College, please note the following:
- 911 calls have been re-routed to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (LASD).
- Blue emergency poles are connected to the LASD Compton Station.
- The LASD Compton Station, located at 301 S. Willowbrook Avenue, will be fielding all 911, after-hours and weekend calls for service. LASD deputies will respond to the Compton College campus to provide assistance.
- The Compton Community College District has contracted with Securitas to provide public safety services on our campus in the interim, as we continue to hire new permanent officers.
- The security officers will provide safety and security services and they are here
to assist the Compton District Police. Do not hesitate to ask them for assistance.
parking citation payments
All Parking Citations issued by the Compton District Police Department can be paid online via our online processing center. The processing center can be accessed 24 hours a day at https://www.paymycite.com/payCite.aspx.
The safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is always a primary concern at Compton College.
- In an emergency, contact campus police 24/7 by calling 911 from any pay phone on campus; or by calling 310-900-1600, ext. 2999 from a cell phone.
- Night students and faculty are encouraged to park in the same general area as other faculty or students with night classes in their building; this provides the opportunity for a group of students and faculty to walk to their cars after dark.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity to campus police.
- Help Put a Stop to Unlawful Activity ("We Tip" PDF)
Crime PREVENTION AND INFORMATION
Non-Emergencies: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. [ (310) 900-1600, ext. 2790
Emergencies and After-Hours: 310-605-6500
All 911 calls will be directed to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
NEW LOCATION: Compton District Police Department is located in the Public Safety Building, at the Artesia Entrance.
The Compton District Police Department is now available for chatting and meetings on Cranium Cafe. You can reach us through our Cranium Cards below.Video chat with Police Services on Cranium Cafe