2014 Program Review Process
Each year the programs who must submit a Program Review in the fall semester begin
the review process during the preceding spring semester.
February - March 2014
- Attend program review orientation and receive program data.
- Submit request to Institutional Research & Planning (IRP) for any additional survey items by February 14, 2014.
March - June 2014
- Write a rough draft, seeking input from program and division colleagues, including:
- the program faculty
- the division curriculum committee representative
- the division SLO facilitator
- the division Dean and, if applicable, Associate Dean
- Submit all data requests to IRP by May 30, 2014. IRP may not be able to fulfill data requests submitted after this date.
June 2014 - September 2014
- Revise the first draft according to feedback received from division colleagues.
- Present revised draft to program and division colleagues. Collect verification of review from colleagues.
September 19, 2014
- Responsible Faculty Member submits completed program review to the Academic Program Review Committee (APRC) co-chairs (email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org) and division Dean.
- Responsible Faculty Member submits completed CTE 2-year reviews to the APRC co-chairs (email@example.com &firstname.lastname@example.org) and division Dean.
September 25, 2014 - November 20, 2014
- If needed, meet with APRC Co-Chairs to discuss your program review prior to APRC session.
- Meet with the APRC to discuss your program review.
December 19, 2014
- Final drafts of program review submitted and posted.
Program Review Template and Materials
Included in this packet are the following:
- Academic Program Review Template
- Career and Technical Education: Supplemental Questions
Also included in the packet are helpful reference materials:
- College Mission and Strategic Initiatives
- ACCJC SLO Rubric and Program Worksheet
- Program Review Template Guide and Instructions
- Rubric for Program Review Feedback
- Why Your Program Review Matters
- Contacts and Help
- Program Review Timeline and Checklist
- Program and Division Colleague Review Sheet
What IS New About Program Review at COMPTON College?
- We are re-introducing a student satisfaction survey/feedback component to the Program Review template.
- We have added additional guiding questions into the Program Review Template Guide and Instructions.
- Additional questions regarding SLOs and PLOs should help faculty present improvements to teaching strategies, curricular adjustments, and/or requests from the department or college based on assessment results.
- Institutional Research continues to make more data available for faculty use.