Get The Facts:
- Today, women have a 90% chance of becoming sole support for themselves and/or their children at sometime during their lives.
- Women in nontraditional jobs typically earn 20% - 30% more than women in traditional occupations.
- 66% of married women with a spouse present are working.
- 75% of divorced women are in the workforce.
- Women's weekly earnings are just 75.4% of men's.
- Women who are members of unions earn about 35% more than women working in places without unions.
- Women make up 48% of the total workforce.
- 1 in 4 households with children under the age of 18 are headed by women.
- 2/3 of women with children under the age of 6 are in the workforce.
- Women work an average of 34 years outside the home.
- Women in nontraditional careers are self-sufficient, empowered, and successful!
High Training / High Salaries
- Administration of Justice starting @ $18.12/hr - $27.00/hr
- Automotive Collision Repair / Painting starting # $26.61/hr - $27.68/hr
- Automotive Technology starting @ $9.00/hr - $28.00/hr
- Fire & Emergency Technology starting @ $10.74/hr - $24.67/hr
- Machine Tool Technology starting @ $8.25/hr - $20.00/hr
- Welding starting @ $8.00/hr - $23.00/hr
Sources: Department of Labor, Bureau of Statistics; Woman's Bureau; U.S Dept of Commerce; Wider Opportunities for Women; National Commission on Working Women; Office of Advocacy, U.S Small Business Administration; U.S. Department of Education (DOE)_/index.aspx Center for American Women and Politics: Girls Incorporated; California Department of Education; Chancellor's Office, California Community College; National Alliance for Partnerships in equity Act;; Women's Educational Equity Act; California Commission on the Status of Women; Occupational Outlook Handbook 2000-2001 edition.